[vlc] problems with sound

Olda Průša oldaprusa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:27:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm facing a problem which I do not understand and would like to ask you for help.

I have 3 Apple devices:

1 MacBook Pro 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.6
2 iPhone 3GS 16GB, iOS 4.3.1
3 iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB, iOS 4.3.1

On my MacBook Pro I have VLC Media Player 1.1.3, on my iPhone and iPad the same application VLC Media Player 1.1.0.

I have several movies in .avi format, on my MacBook Pro they work without any problem (video+sound), on my iPhone the same movies work the same, however on my iPad there is a problem - the same movies work te same if their size is smaller than 1GB, if they are larger than 1 GB the video is fine, however there is no sound (or sometimes - even more strange - there is some sound, but people do not talk...).

Therefore tit seems that the VLC Media Player 1.1.0 ran on iPad 2 iOS 4.3.1 has problems with sound on avi movies that are larger than 1GB.

Have you faced this problem before? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Olda