[vlc] need help to explore these features

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:51:55 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I am new to VLC, I am exploring some functionality to suite our
application,I want to know if VLC fulfill our requirement.

1. Playback
2. Streaming on a public IP so that I can access the streamed video on my
Android based mobile/Tablet.
3. I want to record the video only for specific period,say I want to store
the video of the last 2 hours from a WEBCAM/IP CAMERA/HDMI CAMAERA.

Also let me know if you there are other software stack fulfilling these
requirements in case VLC doesn't meet this requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Ratheendran