[vlc] vlc player - version 1..1.9

George Ioannou gioannou at pgaellada.gr
Tue May 17 09:08:13 CEST 2011

Dear Madame /Sir,

I would like to ask a question.

I want to watch a movie with vlc player, say Winchester ' 73 (1950 movie) - English speaking..

I have downloaded the greek subtitles for that movie in .srt form.

Opening the file you can read the greek text O.K.

When you play the movie OK and you open the greek subs file, the greek text on the screen appears like funny symbols!!

I go to TOOLS, PREFERENCES, SUBTITLES & OSD, I choose the different greek languages formats available (i.e. greek for windows 1253 etc), but still the problem remains!

If you play the same movie, same greek subs srt file on another player, i.e GOM, all OK with movie and subs , they merge perfectly.

Any idea on what be wrong?

Many thank in advance for your attention and your feedback response.

Regards

Georgios IOANNOU

TECHNICAL & TRAINING MANAGER
PGA ΕΛΛΑΔΑ