[vlc] VLC - Minor Improvement Suggestion - Restart at Previously Viewed Position

Boyd Murray boyd.murray1 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 01:25:34 CEST 2011

Dear vlc at videolan.org,

Thankyou so much for the VLC media player - it is, by far, the best media player around.

I have a minor improvement suggestion for a future release of VLC:

When an item is selected from: Media > Recent Media, would it be possible to restart that item from the last position played?

I have seen this feature on many PVRs and it is very useful.  Sometimes the PVRs also give the option of starting the item from the last-viewed position or from the beginning.

I hope this helps your wonderful product.

Best Regards,
Boyd Murray

Boyd Murray
9 Bedford Rd
NORTH EPPING  NSW 2121
AUSTRALIA
E: Boyd.Murray1 at gmail.com
M: +61 (0)419 613-791
T: +61 (0)2 9876-1954
F: +61 (0)2 9876-1954
Skype: boyd_or_robyn_murray_at_home, boyd_murray_at_work