[vlc] can't register in forum

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Tue Nov 1 01:57:22 CET 2011

Hi

>From what I know and can work out.
Firtsly, it seems to be to do with the blacklist used.
Secondly, There is no information from devs about the blacklist service
used to allow users to try and help sort it.
Lastly, This is the bit that I won't nail my hat on, but rather, it's
based on what I have tried. (with a pointer from Remi). User
agent...But..Not user agent alone, as if you try to resolve by stripping
.net and other extensions from a legitimate IE8 string, to leave a bare
IE8 string. No cigar, same 403. Tested IE8 strings in FF, but will
return 403 in FF, so cannot establish if string blanketley rejected, or
if is detected as browser behaving as different to agent & so rejected.

Really need some method of either having access to blacklist provider to
solve, or conduit/facility to provide info for Devs to forward to
provider to resolve.
Well understood that Devs far too busy to mess about with this, but,
guys, us users hands are tied here. We are ***sing in the wind.

Just to clarify, I am happy and willing to pursue and put the effort in,
not only for myself, but for others too. So please do not see this as me
wanting to add to devs workload. We are just frustrated and would really
like to resolve this.

Thanks