[vlc] can't register in forum

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Tue Nov 1 20:34:11 CET 2011

Konstantin

Thanks

Yes the Forum Videolan 403 page is certainly a bit more useful.
This does seem to reinforce the need for either information for users to
self diagnose or some sort of removal request link that retrieves the
clientside info required. I'm not on IRC sorry (and won't be)
Re the IP address. I can access all the pages without issue with FF from
the same machines & also my Samsung Galaxy droid phone over the same IP.
So in this instance it does appear to be an IE8 client issue.
Makes me smile that the link http://www.flameeyes.eu/projects/modsec
experiences the same issue(Forbidden), even www.flameeyes.eu. :)
(Reminds me of the good time years ago when modem manufacturers shipped
without drivers & said, "well, just download them")

Thanks

(FYI - User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1;
Trident/4.0) IP Address: 92.29.67.219)

Guy