[vlc] How can I hardcode a subtitle into a video with VLC?

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:14:56 CET 2011

Hi,

Am not sure how (or even if it is possible) to use vlc to burn a
subtitle into the video, however the following link shows how mencoder
can be used to achieve the same. I've used this loosely in the past
and have achieved good results.

http://www.velvetcache.org/2009/12/02/hard-subs-with-mencoder-or-annotating-screencasts-for-free

Hope this helps :)

Bye for now
Jeetu
ebrain.in | Beehive Computing
Discover and use software from any device around you. Work together
Play together. An open source (GPL) project