[vlc] VLC Player

Howard Stokes rithow at redbourn.plus.com
Fri Nov 18 21:24:27 CET 2011

Hi
About a month ago I sent the following e-mail.  Are you able to help with the problem?

I'm a recent convert from Windows Media Player and really enjoy your product - except...
I've read various Forums where the same query has often been raised but without a solution.  The problem is that I cannot get VLC to simply play multiple files in the right order.  In Windows Media it is easy - highlight say 3 files 1.mpg, 2.mpg 3.mpg then, making sure the first file has the curser on it, right click to "Add to Windows Media Playlist" and that is the order the files play.  The same technique with VLC usually results in reverse order at best but often just a random play.  I find this very disappointing for what is otherwise a superior product.  I suppose, with quite a lot of fiddling, the Playlist can be changed through View > Playlist but it's all ready too late by then!  I need something more simple and quicker.

Am I missing something in the set up? Or is this a problem that needs to be sorted (and I do mean SORTED)

Regards and hope you can help

H A Stokes