[vlc] VLC player mixing up files

TINKISSH HIGHWAYBOY multimastermatter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:19:04 CET 2011

Hi,

I was downloading a file(calling it 'file1') using torrent and before the
file was 100% complete i tried to play it using VLC player, I found another
of my videos(calling this video 'file2') playing/popping up  when file1
kept getting stuck while rendering on the screen. The strange thing is i
had deleted file2  from my system a week ago. I am clueless on how it was
able to read that file2 and play it in between file1. And the stranger
thing is I have formatted my system and when i play that file1 which i
saved in an ext HDD, it still keeps playing file2 when ever it encouters a
jerk in the VLC media player and remains stationary at the exact same
locations when i play it in windows media player. Can you please explain
what is happening and  why such behavior is exhibited by VLC player.

Thanking you in advance for you support.

Thanks,
MMM