[vlc] Can't capture Youtube videos

Sharl.Jimh.Tsin amoiz.shine at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:33:57 CEST 2011

在 2011-09-16五的 08:17 +0200,gonzague写道:
> Hi, i've the same trouble, it returns :
>
> [swf @ 0xb7412fe0]Compressed SWF format not supported
>

> On 16/09/2011 07:39, . wrote:
> > I'm new to using VLC and am running Ubuntu 10.04 with VLC 1.1.11.
> >
> > I can't figure out how to download or play Youtube videos with VLC.
> >
> > Would someone please direct in how to do it?
> >
> > Thanks

check here, http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.php?cat=video ,
to your log,"*.SWF" is actually not a Video format and not supported by
VLC.

for youtube,i think that you should download the video(maybe *.flv、
*.f4v extension) from web page first,then play it via VLC locally.

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.