[vlc] Can't capture Youtube videos

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Fri Sep 16 18:16:24 CEST 2011

В письме от Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:05:13 +0400, .
<peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net> сообщал:

> Your directions are very much hinting at exactly what I wanted to do.  I
> thought the method to use VLC was watch a video that was playing on the
> web and then save it locally.

That is when web site is encoded to use VLC plugin for video playing, like
Wikipedia.
And VLC browser plugin is known for it poor state (quite few of developers
interested in maintaining it). It is even is not installed in default
settings.
And this make a loop, a hen/egg problem.

Users would not install VLC with plugins, if not forced by webmasters.
Developers would never put much effort into it, until stimulated by users.
Webmasters would never use it, if the plugin is unreliable and their users
anyway do not use i. They gonna use Flash instead.

YouTube either uses native WebM (if you turn HTML 5 option in YouTube
settings) or Adobe Flash to play video.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/