[vlc] Help - Generating 100 Mbps Stream

Mohit Dhingra mohitdhingras at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 11:59:14 CEST 2012

*Hello All,*

I need to generate constant bit rate stream, starting from 1 Mbps to 100
Mbps bit rate. I tried using transcode for the same:

timeout 16 vlc -vvv Blood_Diamond.avi --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,acodec=mpga,vb=20000,ab=128,venc=ffmpeg{strict=1,strict-rc},deinterface}:standard{access=file,mux=ts,dst=test.ts}'

But, I am not getting beyond a fixed bit rate, even if I increase vb. I am
getting maximum of 12 Mbps bitrate stream, even if I increase it from 15000
to 20000 and beyond.

What should I change in the parameters in order to get the 100 Mbps bit
rate stream. This is just for experimental purpose, I am not worried about
quality/size of file. Thanks in advance.

*
Thanks & Regards
Mohit Dhingra
*