[vlc] vlc-2.0.1 dysfunction

Eric Anthony anthonyduo at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 16:12:47 CEST 2012

Version vlc-2.0.1 does not function on my computer (Windows XP 2800 Service pack 3). It would not play ANY video on my system: sometimes only with a blank screen and garbled audio, sometimes with error messages that I did not have proper codecs for the video type (all of which played just fine before installing this newer version). In frustration I uninstalled all the 2.0.1 files and finding the earliest vlc 1.0 exe still in my computer, reinstalled that instead. This worked really well; again playing all video types I throw at it. I am continually prompted by Vlc to reinstall 2.0.1; but of course will ignore that until I know these apparent bugs have been fixed.

Eric Anthony (Boston MA)