[vlc] Trying To Get Equivalent of timeupdate and seeked events for HTML 5 Video Element in VLC Plugin

seniseven at yahoo.com seniseven at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 11:15:17 CET 2012

My HTML markup has the HTML 5 video element with the multiple format of the
video clip of interest ready to be delivered.  These formats are 'webm' and
'mp4' which play natively in the latest versions of the browsers.  These work in
Firefox 17, IE 9, and Chrome 23 in Windows 7 and in FF running in Linux and also
Win XP.

I use the 'timeupdate' and 'seeked' DOM events to dynamically make changes to
the browser page.

Since Internet Explorer versions 8 and earlier running in a Win XP system will
not play these formats, I have told users to install VLC plugin (preferable to
any other player).

The video plays nicely in the VLC plugin, of course.  But my use of the
"MediaPlayerTimeChanged" and "MediaPlayerSeekableChanged" events for the
plugin--if those are correctly equivalent---is not working.

Perhaps I need a test document or other information.

App:  VLC 2.0.4 Twoflower
HTTP Client:  Internet Explorer 8
OS:  Windows XP SP3