[vlc] DCCP streaming error

Noor Asraf nmasraf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 16:54:41 CET 2012

Hello all,
Has anyone successfully streamed video over DCCP between two networked PCs?
If so, what is the command and settings? The command I used to stream:
 vlc -vvv file.avi --sout
'#rtp{dst=192.168.0.124,mux=ts,port=50001,proto=dccp}'

But I am getting the following errors:

[0x8c11bb4] main stream out error: socket bind error (Permission denied)

[0x8c11bb4] stream_out_rtp stream out error: passive COMEDIA RTP socket
failed

The firewall is turned off. Based on my understanding, the RTP socket
failed is arising as there is nothing to listen to (sout_stream_id_t
Add(..) in rtp.c). I ran vlc-wrapper as sudo, but still the socket bind
error occurs. Which file does this arise from? Why?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Asraf