[vlc] VLC skips initial sequence of DVD

Bernard Lang blvlc at datcha.net
Sun Dec 23 02:06:32 CET 2012

I am somewhat new to VLC, so please excuse my possible mistakes
or my ignorance.

I tested a large number of DVDs in my collection with VLC.  It seems
that VLC systematically skips initial video sequences at the beginning
of the DVD and jumps directly to the main menu.

In most cases this sequence contains little that people care to spend
time watching, but nevertheless I find that disturbing.

Ist it :
  - already known ? (I found a 2010 post of that, though limited to a
    Monthy Python DVD)
  - intentional  ... then why ?
  - due to a mistake in my installation of the system ?

Thanks for any information.

Bernard

--
             Après la bulle Internet, la bulle financière ...
                   Et bientôt la bulle des brevets

  Bernard.Lang at datcha.net       ,_  /\o    \o/    gsm  +33 6 6206 1693
  http://www.datcha.net/       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  tel  +33 1 3056 1693
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX