[vlc] My movies don't work properly

Remko Müller remko1990 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 7 18:36:34 CET 2012

Hello VLC-Player Team,

for a longer time I've been a satisfied user of your VLC-Player, but now I have a problem, that I can't handle and need your help:

I have 2 machines running the new VLC-player client, version 2.0.
One is my PC with Windows 7, the other one is a new 2011 MacBook Pro with Corei7 and Mac OS X 10.7.

Before, I had some other VLC-Player versions installed on my MacBook Pro.
But since I can remember, I have these judders  on my external screen.. whose I couldn't fix until today.

When I connect my MacBook Pro via HDMI to my 40" LED TV (Samsung), to play BluRay movies (Full-HD) in MKV-format,
I get these judders through the whole movie, that makes the movie almost "unwatchable"!

Is it possible to get these Full-HD movies in MKV running properly on my new MacBook Pro 2011?
On my WIndows 7 machine, I didn't have these problems since I can remember.

some movie-facts:
video codecl: VC-1 / H264
audio: DTS / DTS_HD / AC3
frame-rate: 23.976 Fps
resolution: 1920x1080 (FULL HD)
data-size: 7,95GB (MKV-data, on the internal HDD)

I would be very pleased if you could help me soon.

Best Regards,

Remko Müller.