[vlc] Can I save as the video file

Gregory Norris gregrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:31:25 CET 2012

On 2/18/2012 1:43 PM, Thomas Joseph wrote:
> What if I say
>
> VLC is is failed open source project ?
>
> Comments are welcome, from the end use perspective
>
> Thanks,

To the original poster (*ashish bhosale)*, I don't believe that's
possible because the settings you changed are only how VLC displays the
video.  It may be possible while trans-coding (one of VLC primary
functions) but I'm not sure.  Typically you use an actual video editor
for that (unless you want to pay top dollar I don't know of any free
software that let's you both edit and transcode video's without an
annoying limit like only WMC or a watermark, VLC obviously takes to the
trans-coding side).

To the second poster (*Thomas Joseph)*:  VLC has had the problem in the
past of saving basic settings, I've not had the problem personally for
quite a while but I think it may depend somewhat on your system (OS and
3rd party software).

To the one who basically said VLC sucks, get the hell of the mailing
list and stop your bitching please...  VLC has it's ups and downs but
overall it does exactly what it's supposed to do, plays almost any video
format, trans-codes video on the fly, and allows for server client video
connections (hence the name Video LAN).  It's also relatively small
(considering many other media players that don't have half the
capabilities will take over 100MB of install space plus the fancy
libraries (which I think VLC may be able to do).  Finally it's an
open-source side project.  The people who make VLC don't do so for a
living so they can only spend their free time working on it, and I know
I for one don't spend every waking minute working on a side project that
nets me only experience and the joy of doing something good for the
public (0 cash).