[vlc] (no subject)

Gregory Norris gregrnorris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:45:46 CET 2012

On 2/19/2012 10:01 PM, Mina Moussa wrote:
> guys bare with me i'm trying to achieve sub second encoding decoding,
> using --tune zerolatency and --preset ultrafast, the systems are both
> quad core 3GHz cpus with 16 GIG ram, however I'm still seing latency,
> I'm guessing there is something further I need to do.
>
> More info:
> the idea is to stream screen:// to rstp (maybe rstp isnt the best choice?)

I'm not too savvy with VLC's networking features but on the hardware
side while processing power and RAM are important for streaming you must
also look at your video card, hard drive, and network capabilities.  The
former two would be noticeable if you tried to do something similar
without networking.  Obviously enough if it works off the network then
it's probably something within the network.