[vlc] streaming error message in vlc on Linux

Malcolm Waterman malcolmdw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:22:35 CET 2012

First what distribution and VLC version are you using?
Secondly, try looking under Tools -> Preferences -> All (bottom left hand
corner) -> Advanced -> Logging. Check the settings there. On my computer
there's no file set up, which might mean that there is no log file being
recorded. Tools -> Messages might also be helpful.