[vlc] SAT recorded file (external harddrive) won't play back on pc

Peter, Stoks stoks at riwa.org
Sat Jan 14 18:00:05 CET 2012

Hi,
VLC won't play the film I recorded on HDD from my Rebox 8500 Sat-recorder on my pc. The Rebox plays them fine.
When I try direct playback from the HDD nothing happens (no error messages show up); when I copy the .idx and .rap and .ts files to the pc (to a map I named VIDEO_TS) I get the following error messages (recording is called Bonaire 2):

main error: option sub-original-fps does not exist
main error: no suitable demux module for `file/subtitle://C:\Users\Peter\Videos\Film1\VIDEO_TS\Bonaire 2.idx'

I have no idea what to do.

Peter G Stoks