[vlc] promotional materials for Software Freedom Day 2012?

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 07:28:30 CEST 2012

	It looks like VLC is one of the most common free software video
	and audio players out there.  (For instance, it comes 168'th in
	the Debian “global” Popularity Contest, apparently only after
	Totem at #60.)

	I wonder, are there any “promotional materials” for VLC that we
	can use at the Software Freedom Day (September, 15, over most of
	the world) to introduce it to new users, and to spread thus the
	word of free software?  (Naturally, we're interested in
	materials that are free themselves.)

	I'd also like to ask the users and developers of the VLC
	software to take part in the event itself, if possible.  A local
	event, if any is currently planned, can be found at [2].

	TIA.

[1] http://popcon.debian.org/source/by_vote
[2] http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/map/

--