[vlc] Hardware compression card

Pierre-Damien GATOUILLAT pidegat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:47:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

I bought an hardware h264 compression card (picolo U264) from euresys.
It works with vfs (video device appears mounted on /mnt/ux_0 for
example) and C program (Encoded2Stream) like this :

./Encoded2Stream /mnt/ux_0 0 | vlc file/h264:///dev/stdin -

OK, it works for the video but I need sound now coming from Line-in on
the motherboard. I try to add it with input-slave but it does not
work, I have the "demux doesn't like DEMUX_GET_TIME" error

./encoded2stream /mnt/ux_0 0 | vlc file/h264:///dev/stdin -
--input-slave=alsa://hw:0,2

I read that the problem is that the slave should be syncro with the
master input, but I don't really understand what does that mean.

Next I would like to stream the video+audio via http, but I need to
resolve the first problem.

What can I do ? I try several thing with ffmpeg pipe to vlc, but no result.

I'm under debian squeeze, I try with vlc 1.1.3 and 2.0.1 (from
deb-multimedia, I was unable to build vlc 2.0.1 from deb-src and
squeeze-backports)

Thanks!

Pierre