[vlc] Fwd:

Malcolm Waterman malcolmdw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:23:12 CET 2012

Open the folder, right click. There should be a option saying Open with
Other Application or a submenu called Open With. If there's a submenu,
there might be th eoption of VLC media player. Alternatively go to Other
Application, VLC will either be recommended or will be mentioned if you
click Show other applications. To get VLC to stop opening up new windows
every time you do this Tools -> Preferences. Under Interface there should
be instances and the option of "Allow only one instance".

I'm not sure what you mean by "Open media on the VLC console." I always use
Media -> Open * or Advanced Open File or Recent Media, as appropiate.