[vlc] How do I watch Streaming video?

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:48:23 CET 2012

On 11/08/12 23:15, look at ebookring.net wrote:
> Which program would you recommend for capturing EarthCam.com videos?
> That's really what I want to do.
>

> On 2012-11-08 10:07, dE . wrote:
>> That is true.
>>
>> The link you provided is via http protocol, which no media player can
>> handle in direct form.
>>
>> You need a youtube client like minitube, but I think smplayer can also
>> handle it, it has inbuilt youtube intigration.
>>
>> Also, are you trying to avoid flash?
>>
>> You may also like to download the video to view it as if its
>> streaming, that's cause ff has inbuilt video playback support.
>>  ---------------------------------
>>  Support software for non profit, buy Android phones.

>>> As an update, here's an error I'm getting;
>>>
>>> VLC can't recognize the input's format:
>>> The format of 'http://www.youtube.com/v/SYiLLU96MIQ [4]' cannot be
>>> detected. Have a look at the log for details.
>>>
>>> I have no idea where the log is.

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEwSp...eature=related
>> [3] mailto:look at ebookring.net
>> [4] http://www.youtube.com/v/SYiLLU96MIQ
>> [6] mailto:look at ebookring.net

If they only provide a link to the live stream...

I got this --

http://archives.earthcam.com/archives5/ecnetwork/us/ca//pleasanton/timelapse/timelapse.mp4

Which you can download, but I don't know exactly what this is.

Notice: youtube is a lot different. This's live streaming, but youtube
is not live.