[vlc] Stretching Video to Window Size

J B dontdoityoubastard at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:38:28 CET 2012

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:05:56 +0530
From: de.techno at gmail.com
To: vlc at videolan.org
Subject: Re: [vlc] Stretching Video to Window Size

    On 10/23/12 07:21, J B wrote:

        Is there a way to have VLC resize the video with the window
        size? For example, if I drag up the window top bar, stretching
        the window from top to bottom- having the video also stretch to
        meet the size of the window. Sometimes I wish to play a video,
        but I want to stretch it along the screen bottom or side
        (without black bars) so that I can watch and simultaneously do
        other tasks.

    The resize does happen, but it maintains the aspect ratio. If you
    want to cover up the black bars, then you have to break the aspect
    ratio, or in other words -- the video will be distorted.

Hi de.techno,
I thought maybe there was a way to have VLC
automatically stretch the aspect ratio to the window, but I guess not. I
 will try to search and find out my options with manually setting the
aspect ratio. Thanks a lot. Cheers