[vlc] A strange problem about using VLC Media Player

Eden Lee (Gorilla) edenlee at gorilla-technology.com
Thu Sep 6 09:32:24 CEST 2012

Sir.,

We are developing an RTSP Relay Server (written according to Live555 Sample Code) which delivers video from RTSP Servers to RTSP Clients.

Figure:

IP Cams  <--------------->  Our RTSP Relay Server  <---------------> RTSP Clients
            rtsp                               rtsp

Currently, we use VLC Media Player as our RTSP clients. The problem is that VLC Media Player can't display image with a full-black screen when the network between Our RTSP Relay Server and RTSP Client is connected through a network Switch. If no Switch there, VLC displays normally. I don't know why? (Our own RTSP client does not have this problem.)

The frame size of IP Cam is 1920x1080. The frame is transferred with H264 encoded.

Do you have any idea about this problem? Thank you so much for any comment in advance.

Sincerely,

Eden Lee
Technical Lead, IVS
Surveillance & Security Business