[vlc] VLC Streaming w/o X11

Kouvakas Alexandros questalex at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 10:57:52 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to stream a video between two remote machines. Both of them
they don't have X11 installed.
On the server side I run *% cvlc -vvv big_bunny.... --sout
'#duplicate{dst=display, dst=rtp{mux = ts, dst = 192.168.3.2, port = 16006}
}'*
So I can see the video on the server and also I am sending it to the remote
host. I checked on the remote host with tcpdump that I receive the packets
of the video.
But I cannot play the video on the side of the host. I try with *% cvlc
rtp://192.168.3.2:16006*
or with *% cvlc -V caca rtp://192.168.3.2:16006* and some other commands
but yet I have not managed to watch the video.

Can somebody help on that?

--
Kouvakas Alexandros