[vlc] 64 Bit ActiveX Plugin

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 16:25:23 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get the 64 bit VLC ActiveX plugin to work in Internet
Explorer 64 bit on Windows 7. As a test I've been using the VLC Plugin Demo
page at http://people.videolan.org/~dionoea/vlc-plugin-demo/ however when I
load it it just shows a large black box with the VLC cone logo in the
center of it and never plays anything on matter what I click. If I click
the Play Input button I get an exception thrown on the line
"document.vlc.play()" with message "Object doesn't support this property or
method".

Should the 64 bit ActiveX plugin be working?

Thanks,

Mike