[vlc] RTSP client in vlc 2.1

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Dec 14 18:08:09 CET 2013

>> So, rather than sending a "TEARDOWN" for all subtitle tracks, and
>> then doing a subsequent "SETUP" for the subtitle track that the user
>> really wants, VLC's LIVE555-interface code should instead send a
>> "TEARDOWN" for all subtitle tracks *except* the one that the user
>> wants (and then not send another "SETUP").  (Note that you can do
>> this using the second form of the "RTSPClient::sendTeardownCommand()"
>> function: the one that takes a "MediaSubsession&" as parameter.)
>
> I had thought about that, but this will not work either, what happens if
> the user wants to change the sub-title track later? You have the SETUP
> after TEARDOWN issue again.

OK, so instead - how about not sending any "TEARDOWN"s at all (for any of the subtitle tracks)?  VLC will still receive all of the subtitle tracks (which shouldn't be a problem, because they're generally low-bitrate), but render only the one that the user's interested in.

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.
http://www.live555.com/