[vlc] DVD ripping?

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:35:33 CET 2013

On 01/03/13 01:12, Nick Romito wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to rip a DVD using the convert/save feature of VLC
> player, so I can play it on my new tablet. I am trying to convert to
> mp4, and it works for half of the movie.  Once the movie reaches the
> halfway point, the sound gets way off of the picture, and I couldn't
> tell for sure, but the video doesn't seem smooth anymore.  This may
> just be an illusion being caused by the sound being off though.  I was
> curious if you could send me a detailed walkthrough for converting a
> DVD to an mp4 or any other type of format that would work with an
> Android tablet.  If you could, please include all the different
> settings that are required as well because I have followed the basic
> walkthroughs on other websites, but the same thing keeps occurring.
>
> Thank you,
> Nick

Use WinFF to convert. Ripping is practically broken in VLC, and the
contributes not in the mood to fix it.

But first you've to rip, I use vobcopy, it gives an exact faithful copy
of the CSS encrypted DVD (which unlike other tools, has no losses), if
it's not CSS encrypted you convert it directly by point it over to the DVD.