[vlc] Suppress desktop notifications when in fullscreen

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Sun Feb 3 18:13:15 CET 2013

Hi,

I already asked this question on stackexchange¹, but I got no
response. How to prevent desktop notifications from showing up when
VLC is in fullscreen mode?

Some of my scripts display desktop notifications using notify-send.
The best solution would be to configure that critical notifications
still show up and low prioritised notifications are suppressed. This
is how I create the notifications:

  notify-send --category=low      'Foo' 'Bar'
  notify-send --category=critical 'Foo' 'Bar'

I am using Gnome version 3.4.2 and awesome WM v3.4.14 on Debian
GNU/Linux.

Marco

[1] http://unix.stackexchange.com/q/63222/12779