[vlc] How to use libvlc on Windows 8 Metro

abc thuanvh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 09:20:26 CEST 2013

Hello,
I'm trying use libvlc on Windows 8 Metro.
I'm using nightly build for winrt but failed in play video.

     const char * const vlc_args[] = {
         "-I", "dummy",      // No special interface
         "--ignore-config", // Don't use VLC's config
         "--plugin-path=./plugins" };
     // init vlc modules, should be done only once
     pVLCInstance_ = libvlc_new (2, vlc_args);
     // Create a media player playing environement
     pMediaPlayer_ = libvlc_media_player_new(pVLCInstance_);
     // Create an event manager for the player for handling e.g. time
change events
     pEventManager_ = libvlc_media_player_event_manager(pMediaPlayer_);

     // Set the output window
     libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd(pMediaPlayer_, pHwnd);

Then I got error messages:

direct3d vout display error: Direct3D could not be initialized
The thread 0x890 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
main video output error: video output creation failed
main audio output error: no suitable audio output module
main decoder error: failed to create audio output
main decoder error: failed to create video output

How could I pass output param to libvlc in Metro?

Thank you so much.
Thuan