[vlc] VLC Problems; album art, proxy, sound

Rob van der Putten rob at sput.nl
Wed Jul 24 11:43:53 CEST 2013

Hi there

I run into some VLC album art display problems. Some images that where
displayed in Debian Squeeze aren't displayed in Debian Wheezy.
The problem seems to be related to having a colon (':') in the album
title. EG; 'Foo: the complete works of bar'. Replacing the colon with an
other char and changing the dir name under ~/.cache/vlc/art/artistalbum/
accordingly solves the problem.

A MKV which disables the sound in VLC. I had to restart VLC to get the
sound back. Other MKVs works fine.

VLC doesn't do http streams when the http_proxy is configured. Instead
of http://Some_Host/Some_File it requests http://Some_Host
When an IPv6 address is used, http://[IPv6_Address]/Some_File, it
bypasses the proxy and works fine.

Does any of this sound familiar? Should I send a bug report?

Regards,
Rob