[vlc] Problems compiling vlc for Windows

David R Robison drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
Thu Jul 25 14:59:02 CEST 2013

I am trying to compile vlc for windows by using the cross compilers in
Ubuntu according to the instructions found here:
http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile

When I get to the command ../extras/package/win32/configure.sh
--host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

I get the following error: VLC is based on plugins. Shared libraries
cannot be disabled.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks, David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
e-mail: drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.