[vlc] Problems compiling vlc for Windows

David R Robison drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
Thu Jul 25 16:36:42 CEST 2013

Thanks, I'm trying to get it to compile so I can experiment with
modifying it. However, I have not yet got it to compile according to the
instructions. Any thoughts? David

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320
phone: (757) 546-3401
e-mail: drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

On 7/25/2013 10:29 AM, doug wrote:
> On 07/25/2013 08:59 AM, David R Robison wrote:
>> I am trying to compile vlc for windows by using the cross compilers in
>> Ubuntu according to the instructions found here:
>> http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile
>>
>> When I get to the command ../extras/package/win32/configure.sh
>> --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
>>
>> I get the following error: VLC is based on plugins. Shared libraries
>> cannot be disabled.
>>
>> Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
>> Thanks, David
>>
> Don't know about that, but I think VLC comes with KDE-Windows,
> so you wouldn't have to compile it.
>
> --doug

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.