[vlc] vlc stutters on 3.9 linux kernel

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:00:01 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It can be that there's a mismatch between the userspace video drivers
>> and the kernel's DRM driver.
>
> I was on xf86-video-intel-2.20.13 and I just tried 2.21.4 and the
> latest from git with the same result.

Recompile it. How about it's USE?

Check glxgears.

>> Which distro? In the preferences > video, set output to XVideo.
>
> It's Gentoo, 100% up-to-date.  Changing to XVideo from Default doesn't
> seem to make any difference.

How about bother drivers, specifically SDL?

>> Which processor? Which chipset, which graphics card (if you have one)?
>
> I'm on a Dell XPS 13 ultrabook with Intel Core i5-2467M and Intel HD
> Graphics 3000.

That processor is probably fast enough to decode video without
hardware assistance.

What about mplayer? How does it work?

Tried turning off hardware video decoding? (it'll increase the cpu
usage) Although, it's unlikely the problem.