[vlc] Ace Stream — GPL violators

ValdikSS iam at valdikss.org.ru
Wed Nov 6 19:32:43 CET 2013

Hello!
Here is a project called Ace Stream <http://acestream.org>. They use
modified VLC as their player and refuse to provide source code for it.
There is a .patch for VLC 1.1.12 on their forums which was uploaded more
then a year ago, but they refuse to publish new changes for current Ace
Player, which is based on 2.0.5.
When I was asking for the source, Ace Stream administrator called me
their license violator and I got banned from Ace Stream system without
any explanation.
And there is a mistake in their license agreement
<http://acestream.org/license>. It says that Ace Player HD is provided
under the LGPLv2 license, but VLC is GPLv2 and can't be sub-licensed.
I wrote about that some time ago on videolan at videolan email, but never
got a reply.

Forum topic: https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=114990