[vlc] VLC Media Player 2.1.1 in comparison with VLC Media Player 2.0.8

Peter Gahn peter-gahn at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 14:47:53 CET 2013

operating system Windows XP
My request related to the settings and changes in the last versions
2.1.0/2.1.1 to VLC Media Player 2.0.8.

I want to request why some settings have changed. The settings in VLC
Media Player version 2.0.8 are very good.
Especially the volume control is much more less in version 2.1.0/2.1.1
than in the versions before up to 2.0.8.
Another thing I could not test until now, because it is in dependency to
some files or not,
but when I started VLC Media Player with some files the quality seems to
be much more less than before.
At the moment I am using version 2.0.8 because I think this version is
better than versions 2.1.0/2.1.1.

Do you have a list of the changed settings in comparison to version
2.1.0/2.1.1 to version 2.0.8 ?
Do I have a chance to get back my lost settings of version 2.0.8 in the
next following version of VLC Media Player ?

best regards
Peter Gahn