[vlc] android, issue while subclassing surfaceview with libvlc

ben brouits at free.fr
Wed Oct 2 16:22:37 CEST 2013

Le 28/09/2013 17:33, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
>> Oh, no. Only the sources of vlc-android helped me until now. is
>> there actually a libVLC sdk ? for now, i just used vlc-android's
>> libvlcjni.so and borrowed some classes from LibVLC seen in
>> vlc-android. but i must have been wrong if there is an sdk somewhere
>> else... any link ? googling did not help.
>
> It is a bit new, and untested, which is the issue...
>
> See make .sdk.

Thanks.
Well now i got LibVLC working nice (video+audio) on an armeabi-v7a with
an android 4.2.2. I actually don't understand why it works now :-p a few
cosmetics added in my SurfaceView subclass made it fall into working :-)

However, with armeabi (and NO_FPU=1) on an older hardware and android
2.3.7, only the audio is working. the screen remains empty. Log lines:
W/VLC ( 1774): swscale filter: can't get output picture
W/VLC ( 1774): swscale filter: can't get output picture

I'm going to digg in the issue, and may put the class file online if
anybody is interested of such a class (subclassing SurfaceView).

Anyway, i'm happy it could run fine on a recent hardware+android.

Thanks for this nice piece of software.