[vlc] Combination of command line arguments for video-filter not working properly in VLC 2.x on Windows

RCU alex.e.susu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:06:51 CEST 2013

   Hi.
     I found at
http://www.marshut.com/xnhnq/strange-behavior-with-sub-sources-i-can-show-custom-marquee-while-playing-yet-not-in-transcode-section.html
a different way to pass options via the Python bindings to the VLC library in my
application: basically I have to pass them directly as parameters to the vlc.Instance()
(and not in media_new() ).
     I updated my code - you can find it at
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2enkKQJt-AyTkhWcVI4V0YtUUk/edit?usp=sharing .
     Note that I am still not able to show marquee in the played video from my
application: option --sub-filter=marq{marquee=Atext} passed via VLC Python bindings does
not go to libvlc.

     Still the first issue I wrote about remains: VLC (either standalone - from the
command line - or from my application) does not allow simultaneous rotate and adjust
brightness, contrast, etc of a video played.

   Best regards,
     Alex