[vlc] Video delay grows over time

David R Robison drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
Mon Sep 9 21:09:15 CEST 2013

We are playing RTSP video with network-caching set to 200ms. However, we
have times where the delay in the decoded picture can grow to as much as
4 to 8 seconds. Any idea what could be causing the delay inside of vlc?
It almost seems like the buffering time is getting extended. Thanks, David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
e-mail: drrobison at openroadsconsulting.com
web: http://openroadsconsulting.com
blog: http://therobe.blogspot.com
book: http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/bookdetail.php?PB_ISBN=9781597816526

This email communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email immediately.