[vlc] Wrong language for Help and menu items

Virgil Stokes vs at it.uu.se
Mon Sep 16 17:24:21 CEST 2013

On 16-Sep-2013 07:32, dE wrote:
> On 09/13/13 02:40, Virgil Stokes wrote:
>> I recently installed (and reinstalled) VLC media player 2.0.8 on a Windows 7
>> 64-bit platform. I live in Sweden and use a Swedish keyboard; but, I only use
>> English software! Unfortunately my installation uses Swedish for help and
>> menu items --- not what I wish it use.
>>
>> Please tell me how I can force it use the English language or how I can
>> download a version that will use only the English language.
>>
>> I actually believe this is an oversight that hopefully can be fixed quickly.

> Re-install and this time choose English language for installation. Or maybe
> you downloaded the English version of VLC
I did install the English language (chosen during installation process). The
solution (which I tried to post) was to translate the menu items and sublists
into English and then set the language for the menu/help to English.  This I
believe was the correct solution. Choosing English during the installation
seemed to have no effect --- always produced Swedish menu items/ help.

Best,*
Virgil* Oland Sunset