[vlc] Play back issue.

Chris Johnson rchristopherjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 01:45:43 CET 2014

I have the latest VLC on a Mac running mavericks serving a movie. Same
VLC running on another Mac with mavericks and a windows laptop with WIN
7.  The movie is playing just fine on the server.  And I know it's
possible to stream the movie because ServeToMe/StreamToMe play the movie
perfectly on the remote side.  VLC plays the movie but it's way
pixelated, splotchy with muted colors and random pixels.  The sound is
great but I'd be embarrassed to show this alleged video to anyone.
I've  tried all the encapsulations and all the transcodings available.
No joy.  I'm at a loss.  The file plays fine on its own.  I'd appreciate
any thoughts on how to get this to work.

Thanks.

Chris.