[vlc] web browser intent for Android

David Marsden david at david-marsden.com
Fri May 9 17:52:30 CEST 2014

Hi,

I’m a web developer. I’d like to be able to open links directly in VLC from a website. I can understand roughly how this works but I can’t get the syntax.

From what I can see VLC for Android should support intents.

And from what I can see on Google’s pages, is that the Browser can open intents from URLs in an anchor tag.

I’ve been trying for a few hours now to just open a http stream but can’t get it to open VLC.

Could someone be extremely kind and write an example url that I would need to put in to a the href of an <a> tag to open a simple mp3 stream?

Once I have the format right I can create my own from there.

Thanks very much,

DMx