No subject

Sun Mar 29 19:46:21 CEST 2015

through a Windows 2000 streaming server also counteracts the PTS
problems
slightly but this is probably only because an additional buffer/delay is
introduced.

On a side note it would be nice to have Windows 2003 servers "listen" to
VLC
http streams as well for relaying purposes. Somehow that doesn't seem to
work
because of some initial HTTP request/negotiation that goes wrong.=20

I believe the following threads on the VideoLAN forum also point to this
issue:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=3D6048
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=3D7605

Regards, D

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: vlc-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-bounce at videolan.org] Namens
Philippe De Neve
Verzonden: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:53 PM
Aan: vlc at videolan.org
Onderwerp: [vlc] frame freeze or show errors?

Hi,

I did next experiment:

Stream a wm9 sequence  from windows media server (mms) to VLC with
packet
loss: No blockyness only frame freeze (I get a lot of PTS warnings.)

Stream a DivX sequence from VLM (rtsp) to VLC with packet loss:
Blockyness no frame freeze (errors are shown)

Now  my question is:
Who determines what happens when packets are lost?

I thought the player decided whether it displays errors or whether it
drops erroneous frames. But clearly this is not the case.  Could you
tell if it is codec, streamer or access protocol dependend. I do not
think it depends on the access protocol cause:

Streaming a wm9 sequence from windows media server (rtsp) to windows
media player : no blockyness, only frame freeze.

Streaming a wm9 sequence from windows media server (mms) to windows
media player : no blockyness, only frame freeze.

any information is welcome,

regards, Philippe