[VLANSERVER] Developping Guidelines

Damien Lucas nitrox at via.ecp.fr
Sun Apr 15 23:50:30 CEST 2001

For those who weren't subscribed when it was posted.

--
nitrox

----- Forwarded message from Damien Lucas <nitrox at via.ecp.fr> -----

From: Damien Lucas <nitrox at via.ecp.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:58:53 +0100
To: videolan_devel at via.ecp.fr
Subject: [VLANSERVER] Developping Guidelines

[out of date guidelines]

3- CODING CONVENTIONS
---------------------
. 2 spaces for each indentation
. variables should be declared like this:    char * string;
                                             struct SNMP_switch * zwitch;
. no p_ or i_ or ps_ ... in variables' name
. begin declarations by bigger datas:
  in this order: long long, long, int, short, pointer, char
. don't cast calls to "malloc".
. no space between the name of the function and the ) : function();
. one space after each , : function(arg1, arg2,, arg3);
. never 2 blank lines.
. comments inside code with  /* comments */  and as few as we can.
. comments before beginning of each function:
  /**************************************************
   * FUNCTION                                       *
   * Synopsis                                       *
. KLUDGE parts should be identified with:
    {
      /* KLUDGE */
    }
. No variable definitions in the middle of a function.

I wish I were clear and did not forget anything.
--
'trox

----- End forwarded message -----