[vlma-devel] Split data.xml into several files

Adrien Grand jpountz at videolan.org
Sat Aug 2 13:40:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm planning to split the data.xml file into several files according to
the data which is stored in these files:
 - medias.xml for medias,
 - satellites.xml for satellites,
 - servers.xml for servers.

I can see two advantages:
 - there is no need to save the entire data set whenever a single object
   is added or updated.
 - if we want another type of data to be saved, it can be done
   transparently (and without any kludge).

For example, if we want to add authentication mechanisms to VLMa, we'll
probably need to save the list of users which are allowed to log in.
Currently, it is not possible to do it without a kludge (since xstream
expects three lists to be loaded from data.xml but not four).

Any will against that?

--
jpountz