[vlma-devel] Question out telneting to rtsp server

Grae Cullen tua57044 at temple.edu
Tue Jul 15 21:43:48 CEST 2008

Hi all,

    I am not sure if this is a more of a user or development
question, however, I would like to use telnet to debug video
on demand (VOD) changes I am thinking of making.

    However, I can't seem to even connect to the rtsp server
provided by vlc VOD, using telnet.  On other streaming
servers, such as Darwin, you can telnet to the 554 port, and
type in commands, such as, "DESCRIBE * RTSP\1.0" and
"Qseq:10," and it will send the reply to you...

   That being said I can't hardy connect to the rtsp server.
Is this a live555 question?  Maybe, I should be asking them?