[vlma-devel] VLMa daemon distribution

Adrien Grand jpountz at videolan.org
Sat May 10 12:27:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

Yesterday, I was thinking of the VLMa daemon distribution. We currently
only distribute one jar and data is saved under the user home. There are
several drawbacks:
 - VLMa assumes the user has created a directory where to log and
   another directory for files shared with the web application,
 - There is a per-user configuration file but there is no reason to have
   more than one instance of the VLMa daemon running. A system wide
   configuration would IMHO be more appropriate.

I think we'd better ditribute an archive file which, once unzipped,
would look like this:

  COPYING
  bin
    startup.(sh|bat)